The Dolphin Coast extends from Zimbali in the South to the mighty Tugela in the north. It includes the coastal resorts of Ballito, Thompsons Bay, Chakas Rock, Salt Rock, Sheffield Beach, Blythedale and Zinkwazi. A beach lovers’ paradise and great for swimming, tanning, snorkeling, fishing, diving, surfing, body boarding, muscle picking and loads more.
Culture and history form an integral part of life on the Dolphin Coast. There are three different cultures of the Indian, Zulu and Colonial, which can all be viewed on one estate at “The Kingdom” in Sheffield. You can also visit the King Shaka Memorial in KwaDukuza/Stanger at the Dukuza Museum or the grave and home of Nobel Peace Prize winner, Chief Albert Luthuli in Groutville. Mosques and Temples welcome visitors. The Morewood Memorial Gardens is the site of South Africa’s first sugar mill.
Ballito is a mini city, one of the fastest growing in the southern hemisphere, and is therefore a shopper’s paradise. From local craft to large chain stores that provide your everyday requirements.
- Cycling and Mountain Biking at Holla trails
- Micro light flights
- Quad biking Trails with Fat Traxx
- Horse Riding
- Dams for water sports nearby
- Local Heritage Sites
- Explore the King Shaka Heritage Route
- Visit the Morewood Memorial Garden
- Visit Crocodile Creek
- Ndlondlo Reptile Park
- Take the kids to Flag Farm Animal Farm
- Golf (3 championship golf courses nearby)
- Tennis, squash and bowls at local clubs
- Popular spots for surfing, kite boarding, wind surfing, canoeing, kayaking, etc…
- Surf School
- Marine Excursions (Dolphin & Whale watching, scuba-diving, deep-sea fishing)
- Rock Fishing
- Mussel Picking
- Spear Fishing Reefs
- Nature Trails
- Dams for water sports – skiing, jet skiing, fresh water fishing.
- The Litchi Orchard Market
- Movie Theatres
- Shopping Malls
- Variety of world class restaurants, fast food outlets and coffee shops.
- Night Clubs
- Conference and Wedding Venues
- Health & Wellness Centers
- Have a day’s outing at “Rain Farm”, 15 minutes inland from Ballito.
- Sibaya Casino and Entertainment Kingdom, 15 minutes away.
- uShaka Marine World in Durban, 40 minutes away.
- The world Famous St. Lucia Wetlands are 2 hours’ drive away.
- Experience the African Safari boasting the Big 5 in their natural habitat at the popular “Umfolozi” and “Hluhluwe National Park.
Medical Facilities Churches
Hospital Most denominations are represented
Doctors in and around Ballito